Saturday, August 11, 2018, 10am
10th Annual UkeFest
Sat–Wed, Aug 11–15, 2018
It’s not too early to plan a strummer of a summer learning (or perfecting) your ukulele skills! Celebrating a decade dedicated to this small but mighty music maker, UkeFest Artistic Directors Cathy Fink and Marcy Marxer return along with Craig Chee, Sarah Maisel, and more extraordinary instructors for five days of skill-based instruction. For those looking for more intensive skill development, Strathmore’s UkeFest is the only program of its kind that offers an advanced track.
Included in Tuition
- 8 hours of skill-based classes
- 5 hours of Choose Your Own class sessions
- Jam sessions and ensemble work
- Admission to the Student and Instructor Showcases (Sat and Sun)
- Novice: never picked up a uke.
- Beginner: played a little, but not confident enough to change chords in 3 keys while keeping a steady beat.
- Intermediate: Comfortable playing 3-4 chords in 3-4 keys. Ready for some jazz chords, ready for some snazzier right hand techniques, ready to explore a variety of repertoires on the uke.
- Upper Intermediate: Not quite ready to audition into Advanced but moving faster than Intermediate. Can keep a good tempo while changing chords and playing arrangements.
Advanced: This will be a truly advanced and fast moving class. Class will be limited to 10-12 students. To audition, please send a 2 minute video showing off your advanced uke skills to email@example.com.
The program is geared for adults; please email firstname.lastname@example.org before purchasing a registration for a student under the age of 18.
Strathmore aims to make music education experiences like UkeFest as accessible as possible. We are pleased to be able to offer a limited number of partial tuition scholarships. To apply for a partial scholarship, please send an email explaining your need, interest in the program, and requested support amount to email@example.com.
UKEFEST CANCELLATION POLICY
By May 1: Full refund
May 2–June 1: 50% refund
June 2–July 20: 25% refund
July 21–Aug 11: no refund
Thanks to our community partners for their support!
We rely on charitable gifts from individuals to sustain and expand our visual and performing arts experiences and arts education programs. Your gift will foster incredible social impact by allowing Strathmore to remain a strong and vibrant resource in your community.