Tessa Lark, violin
Thursday, February 7, 2019, 7:30pm
Tessa Lark, violin
It seems fitting that a musical piece called “Love Letter” was written for Lark, as this violinist’s technical agility, varied repertoire, and list of accolades have us wanting to write our own love letter to her. Known for her astounding range of sounds, Lark has appeared as soloist with the preeminent orchestras of the world, yet her strong Kentucky roots keepbluegrass and Appalachian music performances on her roster. This performance features the DC area premiere of Violin Sonata which is emblematic of Lark’s zeal for pairing canonical violin with contemporary works. Lark also performs as a chamber musician with the award-winning Trio Modêtre and alongside the likes of Mitsuko Uchida, Itzhak Perlman, and Pamela Frank.
- Lark madeher concerto debut with the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra at age 16 and is a recipient of a 2018 Borletti-Buitoni Trust Fellowship.
- Lark has served on the faculty of the Great Wall International Music Academy in Beijing, and, as a From the Top alumna, is active in their arts leadership program as a performer and educator.
- In addition to “Love Letter,” written for Lark by Michael Thurber, she recently premiered “Spoon Bread” by Michael Torke, composed specifically for her stunning stylistic capabilities.
- Stravinsky: Suite Italienne
- John Corigliano: STOMP
- Michael Thurber: Violin Sonata (DC area premiere)
- Beethoven: Sonata No. 9 Kreutzer
Order a gourmet boxed dinner to enjoy before the show made by Ridgewells.
Place your order here by 3pm the day before the show.
We rely on charitable gifts from individuals to sustain and expand our visual and performing arts experiences and arts education programs. Your gift will foster incredible social impact by allowing Strathmore to remain a strong and vibrant resource in your community.