MCYO: Strathmore Summer Strings
Monday, July 6, 2020, 9am
Maryland Classic Youth Orchestras
Strathmore Summer Strings
Mon–Fri, July 6–10, 2020, 9am–3pm
Registration Deadline: June 10, 2020
Music Director Jorge Orozco leads this weeklong camp for young string players to enhance their musicianship through skill-building sessions, rehearsals, music history, theory, and more. Workshop content and repertoires are different from prior years to benefit both new and returning campers.
All Summer String Week participants should be able to read music. All registrants must fill out this additional Information Form by June 10. Auditions are not required. All students are encouraged to submit a link to an unlisted 3–5-minute YouTube video excerpt from solo repertoire through the Google form for placement in chamber groups.
- Chamber music coaching and performance
- Orchestra rehearsals with Maestro Jorge Orozco and sectionals with outstanding faculty
- Workshops and master classes
- Music writing, ear training, and music history lessons for junior-level participants
- Audition workshops and music history lessons for senior-level participants
- Concert open to the public at the end of the camp
- Senior Group: For students entering grades 6–8. Must have taken private lessons for at least 4–5 years for violins and 3–4 years for viola, cello, and bass.
- Junior Group: For students entering grades 3–5. Must have taken private lessons for at least 2–3 years for violins and 2 years for viola, cello, and bass.
8 or more weeks ahead: 50% refund
4 weeks ahead: 25% refund
2 weeks or less ahead: no refund
For more information, including a faculty list, please see MCYO’s website.
Questions? Please contact Camp Director Maria Montano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event does not take place at Strathmore. Camp meets at Lutheran Church of St. Andrew, 15300 New Hampshire Ave, Silver Spring, MD.
We rely on charitable gifts from individuals to sustain and expand our visual and performing arts experiences and arts education programs. Your gift will foster incredible social impact by allowing Strathmore to remain a strong and vibrant resource in your community.