High School Summer Intensive
For Outstanding High School Musicians
Strathmore Summer Intensive 2018 has been cancelled. Please contact Betty Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
You always nail your part in orchestra. You audition for the solos in band. Your indie rock band is your life and you love trying new things. You could spend hours trying to get a riff, strumming pattern, or cadenza right. You practice until you get the sound you want, then you practice some more.
If any one of these sounds like you, get ready to take your playing to the next level. Led by alumni of Strathmore’s renowned Artist in Residence program, the Summer Intensive provides the tools you need to both lead and collaborate in varying genres and styles:
- Learn introductory concepts of improvisation in rock, jazz, blues, folk, funk, and more
- Record a demo in a professional studio
- Perform onstage at AMP by Strathmore
- Get pro tips on the music industry
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Excellent high school instrumental musicians, rising freshmen through graduating seniors, who are interested in expanding their musical horizons and have had at least four years of training on their instrument under the guidance of a teacher. The program is targeted for musicians interested in jazz, rock, indie, pop, and world music. Classical musicians who are willing to improvise, collaborate, and cross genres are encouraged to apply as well.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are due by April 20 and must include:
- A video link of you performing two solo pieces of contrasting styles and tempo, plus one piece chosen by the coaches: Summertime (Piano part)
- A brief bio of your musical experiences
- A paragraph on what you would hope to gain if chosen for the Intensive
- A recommendation from your private or school instrumental teacher, submitted via this recommendation form.
Please submit application materials to email@example.com
Applicants who are accepted will be notified no later than May 1. Tuition of $425 is due May 15. Scholarships are available. Lunch is included.
We rely on charitable gifts from individuals to sustain and expand our visual and performing arts experiences and arts education programs. Your gift will foster incredible social impact by allowing Strathmore to remain a strong and vibrant resource in your community.