Artist in Residence
Audition Application Information
Now celebrating its 13th Anniversary, the highly-regarded Strathmore Artist in Residence Program was created to support the point of transition from amateur to career artist. The program has mentored 76 young musicians, ages 16-32, since its inception in 2005. Each year through a competitive selection process, a class of 6 is chosen and benefits greatly from the support of participating mentors and musicians. The 10-month program also includes 30 hours of professional development seminars, a professional photo shoot, videography, and extensive performance opportunities.
- Between the ages of 16-32
- Performing at a high level of musical integrity
- An ability to compose and improvise
- Living in the greater DC metropolitan area
If you are interested in being considered for one of the six positions, please submit these items to email@example.com between October 15 and December 15, 2017. Earlier applications will not be considered.
- Personal contact information
- Personal bio
- An 18-month performance history
- Three YouTube links (strongly preferred) or mp3 files. At least one of these should be an original composition.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. You will be notified regarding your status by January 5, 2018. Auditions will take place in the Mansion at Strathmore in late January.
We rely on charitable gifts from individuals to sustain and expand our visual and performing arts experiences and arts education programs. Your gift will foster incredible social impact by allowing Strathmore to remain a strong and vibrant resource in your community.