MCYO is excited to announce Summer Strings Week 2023!
The MCYO’S Summer String week will enhance students’ musicianship and technical ability. The camp will include ensemble rehearsal with Maestro Jorge Orozco and Alice Ju and our wonderful MCYO faculty. Musicians will experience music history, theory, and composition through hands-on sessions in addition to having performance and masterclass opportunities throughout the week.
Ensemble repertoire and workshop content will be brand-new, so musicians from past summer camps are welcome to return!
MCYO will contact accepted students to confirm their participation and provide a link for tuition payment.
- String ensemble rehearsals with Maestro Jorge Orozco and Alice Ju and sectionals with our outstanding faculty
- Masterclasses and technique sessions
- Music writing and ear training in our fantastic composition lab
- Audition workshops and music history seminars
SENIOR GROUP MUSICIAN REQUIREMENTS
- Students must be entering grades 6–8 in the fall
- Participants must have taken private lessons for 4-5 years for Violin, 3-4 years for Viola & Cello, and 2 years for Bass.
- No audition is required for current MCYO musicians. Non-MCYO musicians will need to submit a video audition with their application. The video should include a solo piece of the student’s choice. It does not have to be a professional recording - a home recording is perfectly fine.
- Musicians must bring their own instrument and music stand.
- Musicians must bring their own bagged lunch, snacks, and beverages (no refrigeration available).
Questions? Contact MCYO@strathmore.org.