Strathmore’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (I.D.E.A.) initiative expands access and representation, centers inclusion, and builds equity for all. We are learning how inequities impact our organization’s work and are committed to resolving those inequities to create a greater sense of belonging for our entire community.
With these proactive and ongoing commitments, Strathmore intends to become an actively antiracist institution, on a journey of deliberate and consistent work to de-racialize behavior, reject stereotypes, and eliminate bias.
- We respect and ensure the rights and dignity of all persons.
We embrace a comprehensive, inclusive, and dynamic definition of diversity.
- We champion the power of shared artistic experiences and are relentlessly committed to engaging the full diversity of our community.
- We infuse the same breadth of representation reflected in our programs throughout all aspects of our institution.
- We recruit, admit, hire, retain, cultivate, and promote a wide array of talent and representation in our board, staff, volunteers, and interns.
- We view our budget as an expression of our values.
- We design public programs and support professional development experiences that offer opportunities for deep learning about human and cultural differences.
- We speak out in support of human equality, justice, and the peaceful expression of creativity.
- We embrace creativity as a democratizing agent and serve as facilitator of the creative process to develop agency and independence.
- We do not tolerate harassment, hate, or violence.
We invite our patrons to join us in these commitments and
on this journey to continually deepen our understanding.