MCYO is excited to announce Summer Strings Week 2023!
Camp will enhance students’ musicianship and technical ability through ensemble rehearsals with Maestro Jorge Orozco and our wonderful MCYO faculty; hands-on sessions in music history, theory, and composition; and performance and masterclass opportunities.
Ensemble repertoire and workshop content will be brand-new, so musicians from past summer camps are welcome to return!
MCYO will contact accepted students to confirm their participation and provide a link for tuition payment.
- String ensemble rehearsals with Maestro Jorge Orozco and sectionals with outstanding faculty
- Masterclasses and technique sessions
- Music writing and ear training in our fantastic composition lab
- Audition workshops and music history sessions
JUNIOR GROUP MUSICIAN REQUIREMENTS
- Students must be entering grades 3–5 in the fall
- Participants must have taken private lessons for 2–3 years for violin, 2 years for viola or cello, and 1 year for bass.
- No audition is required for current MCYO musicians. Non-MCYO musicians will be asked to submit a video with their application. The video should include a solo piece of the student’s choice. It does not have to be a professional recording, a home recording is perfectly fine.
- Musicians must bring their own instrument and music stand.
- Musicians must bring their own bagged lunch, snacks, and beverages (no refrigeration available).
Questions? Contact MCYO@Strathmore.org
The application deadline has passed.