Launched in 2005, the highly-respected Strathmore Artist in Residence Program was created to support the transition of outstanding local musicians into career artists. Each year through a competitive selection process, a class of 6 is chosen and benefits greatly from the support of participating mentors and musicians. The 10-month program also includes 30 hours of professional development seminars, a professional photo shoot, videography, and extensive performance opportunities.
- Between the ages of 16-32
- Performing at a high level of musical integrity
- An ability to compose and improvise
- Living in the greater DC metropolitan area
How to Apply
All artists must first submit an online application, from which we select candidates for auditions.
Between March 1 and April 15, 2021, submit the following items to email@example.com:
- Personal contact information
- Personal bio
- Performance history from September 2018 forward
- Three YouTube links (strongly preferred) or mp3 files. At least one of these should be an original composition.
Earlier and incomplete applications will not be considered. You will be notified of the status of your application by May 1, 2021.
Auditions will take place in late May 2021. We will provide more details on the expected format of auditions closer to the application period.