Launched in 2005, the highly-respected Strathmore Artist in Residence Program was created to support the transition of outstanding local musicians into career artists. Each year through a competitive selection process, a class of 6 is chosen and benefits greatly from the support of participating mentors and musicians. The 10-month program also includes 30 hours of professional development seminars, a professional photo shoot, videography, and extensive performance opportunities.
- Between the ages of 16-32
- Performing at a high level of musical integrity
- An ability to compose and improvise
- Living in the greater DC metropolitan area
How to Apply
All artists must first submit an online application, from which we select candidates for auditions.
Between October 15 and December 15, 2021, submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Personal contact information
- Personal bio
- Performance history from September 2018 to the present
- Three YouTube links featuring you performing. At least one of these should be an original composition. Please choose these carefully for sound and visibility qualities.
Earlier and incomplete applications will not be considered. You will be notified of the status of your application no later than January 4, 2022.
Auditions will take place early in February 2022. Details will be provided if you are selected to audition.