The Mansion at Strathmore
The Mansion at Strathmore is home to intimate artistic programs presented by Strathmore in the warm and acoustically superb 100-seat Dorothy M. and Maurice C. Shapiro Music Room, two floors of exhibition spaces, the outdoor Gudelsky Concert Pavilion, and outdoor Sculpture Gardens. The Mansion also features the Strathmore Tea Room and the Shop at Strathmore.
To maximize your well-being and enjoyment, we are operating under a modified schedule and can accommodate up to 20 patrons at a time within the Mansion. We require all patrons to wear a mask while in the building.
Current Gallery and Shop Hours
Thursday: Private appointment only. Schedule here
THIS WINTER IN THE MANSION
THE SHOP AT STRATHMORE
Explore our full selection of handmade and fine art related jewelry, textiles, stationery, children's books, and creative kits with near-contactless concierge service.
Prefer to shop from home?
The Shop at Strathmore is now online!
From jewelry, textiles, and handmade pottery to unique toys and artful gifts, we’re now offering some of our favorite merchandise online. Shop anytime, day or night, at Shop.Strathmore.org. Please note you’ll need to set up a new account the first time you shop.
Visit Our Online Store
EXHIBITIONS JAN 16–MARCH 13
Baltimore Watercolor Society
The society’s Signature Members dive into a variety of papers and alter the medium with tools, solvents, and imagination.
Artists rely on memory, history, and tradition to explore their relationship to the past in paper, print, fiber, and ceramic.
Fabian combines watercolor, gouache, and sculpted elements to create realistic yet whimsical paper art.
Expanded to allow for socially distanced seating between parties.
FOR YOUR COMFORT
To care for our visitors, we are implementing special precautions through cleaning, staffing, and operations, including:
- Montgomery County’s Cleaning Company will provide at least 2 “high-touch” cleaning sweeps throughout the Mansion every day that the Mansion will be open
- Installing new MERV air filters and increasing air exchange to four times per hour
- Opening gradually with reduced public hours
- Limiting visitors to the Mansion to allow for adequate physical distancing
- Rotating staff to minimize the likelihood of exposure
- Requiring that staff, patrons, and volunteers wear a mask at all times except when seated for afternoon tea
- Implementing screening procedures, including temperature checks, to ensure staff are not exhibiting symptoms and have not been exposed to COVID-19
- Keeping contact information for everyone who enters the Mansion
- Reconfiguring seating for our teas to allow adequate distance, including some outdoor seating when weather allows
- Offering private appointments and hours for high-risk patrons
- Providing concierge assistance in The Shop to limit patron contact with merchandise and to ensure a near contactless purchase experience
We ask that our patrons help us in our efforts to care for each other by:
- Wearing a mask properly (over the nose and mouth) while in the Mansion
- Providing contact information
- Washing or sanitizing hands regularly and thoroughly
- Maintain proper distance of at least 6 feet from staff, volunteers, or other patrons
- Delaying your visit if you have tested positive for COVID-19, are showing any symptoms, or been exposed to a person with a COVID-19 diagnosis within the last 14 days
We rely on charitable gifts from individuals to sustain and expand our visual and performing arts experiences and arts education programs. Your gift will foster incredible social impact by allowing Strathmore to remain a strong and vibrant resource in your community.