Maryland Classic Youth Orchestras of Strathmore (MCYO) strives to create a seamless connection between the artistic and the educational experience. MCYO is highly regarded regionally and nationally as one of the country’s most outstanding youth orchestra programs. Founded in 1946 as the Montgomery County Youth Orchestra, MCYO is the oldest and most established youth orchestra program in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Since 2005, MCYO has been a resident partner in the beautiful and world class venue at the Music Center at Strathmore where it has been thrilling audiences with artistic performances from all age levels.
MCYO is planning for a full, in-person rehearsal for musicians in the fall.
ORCHESTRA AUDITION INFORMATION
- 2020–21 Orchestra Auditions will be via VIDEO SUBMISSIONS.
- Orchestras are open to students who will be entering grades 2–12.
- The deadline to register for an audition is Wednesday, August 11, 2021 at 11:59pm.
- Audition videos must be submitted by Wednesday, August 18, 2021 at 11:59pm.
- Most rehearsals are held on Wednesday evenings
- All students are required to prepare a solo and orchestral excerpt, and scales for certain ensembles. Please check MCYO’s Audition Requirements for detail on each ensembles’ requirements.
Audition registration is hosted on MCYO's website.