Thursday, April 14, 2016, 7:30pm
Celebrate Sandow! The classical and pop music critic (Village Voice, New York Times Book Review, Wall Street Journal, Entertainment Weekly and more) best known for his work on the future of classical music, is a composer too. His works have been performed by the Pittsburgh Symphony, Fine Arts Quartet, and pianist Jenny Lin.
- Sandow began his career composing music, with works that included four operas
- Then he worked in two worlds as a critic, one of the few known for writing about both classical and pop music
- More recently he’s been a musical activist, known worldwide for his work on the future of classical music
- Now Sandow reemerges as a composer, with music that’s melodic, but also complex, with echoes of modernism and pop
- Special guests include Peter Scott Drackley, Marvin Mills, Marlissa Hudson, Jonathan Dinklage, Peter Sachon, and Jenny Lin.
Support for Music in the Mansion is provided by Asbury Methodist Village.
Go green! As part of Strathmore’s ongoing effort to conserve natural resources, we’re providing a digital version of the concert program in advance. Help us save paper by using this e-program instead of taking a hard copy at the door. Download the program.
We rely on charitable gifts from individuals to sustain and expand our visual and performing arts experiences and arts education programs. Your gift will foster incredible social impact by allowing Strathmore to remain a strong and vibrant resource in your community.